Intermediate Bridge Construction Inspector
Our growing Calgary office is looking to add an enthusiastic individual to our provincial Bridge Engineering Team working out of our Calgary office. The ideal candidate will provide on-site supervision of bridge and culvert construction activities across the province during construction season and other office related work doing the off-season (i.e. drafting, specification writing, etc.). This role requires a confident, proactive, and assertive approach. Responsibilities include:
- Full time quality assurance inspection of bridges and culverts
- Progress reporting
- Journaling and record of work
- Quantity calculations and progress estimates
- Monitoring safety and environmental compliance
- Identifying construction issues
- Addressing and ensuring conformance to design
- Fabrication inspection skills are an asset
- Specification writing skills are an asset
- Drafting skills are an asset
LEX3 Engineering (LEX3) is a rapidly growing structural engineering firm offering consulting services to the bridges, buildings, and industrial sectors. Our mission is to deliver exceptional value to our clients, provide a rewarding career for our employees, and shape remarkable communities.
Established in 2012, we operate offices in Alberta’s three largest centres, Edmonton, Red Deer and Calgary. Our people are involved in many unique projects which provide direct and positive social, environmental, and economic impact to the communities and organizations we serve. Major bridge replacements, challenging rehabilitations, new schools, water reservoirs, and blast resistant facilities are just a few examples of the exciting work we do at LEX3.
Although a small firm with just under 20 full time employees, LEX3 is mighty in our approach and goals. We believe in our people and invest in them by giving autonomy in their daily work lives and careers while simultaneously supporting them in the achievement of their goals. We believe that teamwork and collective effort are the best way to meaningfully serve our clients and communities. With these foundational strategies for success, growth in our business and opportunities for staff are a natural effect.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume by June 18, 2021 to Kris Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The ideal candidate will be a graduate of a civil engineering or civil technology program with experience in bridge construction supervision. Permanent, Full-Time Employment (40 hours per week)
- B.Sc in civil engineering or diploma in civil engineering technology
- 2+ years of experience in bridge construction inspection